As baby boomers downsize and are packing up their belongings, they are realizing there are certain material possessions that they are not willing to part with, so one of the “must-haves” is a space that is manageable. They want high end finishes convenience and simplicity that meets their lifestyle needs. The new homes that they are moving to are no longer for investment purposes. The baby boomer generation knows what they want. They want to downsize, not downgrade. This group of buyers is very specific in their desires to meet their lifestyle needs. Here is a list of what baby boomers are looking for when they downsize:
1. A well laid out kitchen floor plan with lots of upgrades, opening up to family and dining rooms.
2. A Master bedroom and at least one bathroom located on the first level.
3. A space to accommodate their children/grandchildren when they come to visit but a flexible space that can also be used as an office or exercise room.
4. Bright bathrooms with a walk in shower.
5. Lots of storage.
6. Less property to maintain, perhaps in a gated community with many amenities.
7. Easy access to culture and restaurants, preferably within walking distance.
8. Plenty of natural light.
For a break down of the must haves for baby boomers looking to downsize, read more here…