Decorators share how they make a house feel more cozy.
1. Have comfortable dining room seating: A deep banquette in a dining area is dressier and more relaxed than just chairs. And throw in a few pillows for color and comfort.
2. Kick back with an ottoman: Putting your feet up is like lying in bed!
3. Sleep on the right pillows: You absolutely need a retreat from daily stress and the bedroom is just the place to find sanctuary. For relaxation, design your bedroom as a calm oasis.
4. Place extra blankets in easy reach: Take the chill off with luxurious throws in every room of your house.
5. Install soft, diffuse lighting: everyone looks better in the right light; treat yourself like a movie star and rethink your lighting plan.