A few months ago, we asked you to share your fave small space design tips and there were some great ideas! We loved your suggestions and enthusiasm and definitely picked up some fab tips for our own small space. After the jump, check out the compiled list and pick up a tip or two.
1) If you have a small space use small pieces that fit the scale of the apartment. Your space will feel bigger.
2) Keep it clean!
3) Get rid of the clutter. Have a place for everything and then everything can go back in its place.
4) In small spaces, there never seems be enough space for clothing, books, electronic media, work areas but rather than lots of traditional freestanding dressers, cabinets, desks, etc. consider built-ins and modular furniture systems that can be configured to fit your space wall-to-wall and floor-to ceiling and accommodate all your storage needs in one compact area.
5) Dual purpose! Look for multiple uses in everything you buy. An ottoman is cozy, but an ottoman with hidden storage is even better.
6) Furniture with legs feels less heavy in a space than pieces that sit directly on the floor.